How to Make Slow-Cooker Yogurt
I feel potent. I made yogurt. I know I shouldn’t feel celestial, but plain yogurt is the closest thing to mother’s milk. Being as I’m not pregnant, I feel I’ve defied nature while at the same time, allowing it to run its course.
Also when you bring it to work for breakfast and everyone asks, “What’s that?”, you can reply “Homemade yogurt. I MADE it!” Then you can sit back and revel in their awe and admiration. When they ask, “How did you do this wonderful thing?” You can tell them, “It ain’t no thing”
- empty 1/2 gallon of organic milk into slow-cooker and heat on “low” for 2 1/2 hours
- unplug slow-cooker and let sit for 3 hours
- whisk about 1/2 c organic yogurt into milk (greek yogurt will make thicker batch)
- wrap a towel around slow-cooker to make air tight and let sit for 8 hours.
- boom! yogurt. refrigerate. eat.
- smile 🙂